1. Squeegee World is a brand new forum for the Window Cleaning Industry and we are currently looking for volunteer Moderators to help jump start this new forum. This forum is started by Cleaners for Cleaners.

We are currently looking for new Moderators and Contributors to this new Window Cleaning Forum.

SqueegeeWorld is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Window Cleaning Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Window Cleaning Business
    • All types of Window Cleaning Topics
    • And much more to come

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE SEO Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Charging same amount for commercial and residential?

Discussion in 'Commercial Window Cleaning' started by Richard, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Richard

Richard Member

I am bidding on a commercial job, the job would mean cleaning 12 store fronts twice a month. I was going to stick with my residential pricing, but I am not sure if that is wise. Is it normal to charge more for commercial than residential, or should it just be the same? I've thought about charging more for commercial but I don't want be that guy and "scare" clients. Does anybody else charge differently or do you charge the same?
  2. Dandjob

Dandjob New Member

Window Guru
    Out here it seems customary to actually get less for commercial work. Never made sense to me really but it is what it is. Normally storefronts get me about half of what I get per pane for residential.
  3. SpicAndSpanShawn

SpicAndSpanShawn Member

Well depending on the city it varies, I guess it does seem unusual that you would get less for a commercial job, in here it's normal to get paid more for it so don't worry if you charge more for it. Just see how others do it
  4. Brandy

Brandy Member

Well from my newbie perspective I'm just thinking that you should be trying out both of them, don't worry too much about building a first bad impression because that's what worked for me so far and my business has been growing